I’m often asked, “What IS a Trade Show Concierge?”, so I thought I’d write a Post to further explain.
When you think of a Concierge you probably think of a nice hotel that you have stayed in. Having traveled throughout the country for trade shows, I have stayed in some pretty amazing places. Although I gained my knowledge of providing great customer service throughout my years in the restaurant industry, the role of the Concierges that I have dealt with really allowed me to take my service levels to an even higher standard.
Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows the high level of service that I provide. I’ve been told that I’m “expensive” but “worth it”. This falls in with the saying, “you get what you pay for”! I value my time and know what my customers can expect when hiring me.
So, what is a Concierge in the Trade Show industry? Well, I provide a variety of services remotely to assist others in my industry. Here is a little breakdown of why companies would consider securing my services for their event:
- I worked many years as a GSC (General Service Contractor) and always worked very closely with our clients to help pick up some of their overload. When I incorporated myself in 2001, my goal was to then really position myself as an extension of Show Management, and act as a liaison between them and the contracted GSC.
- I have assisted with the creation of floor plan layouts; completed booth assignments; organized exhibitor spreadsheets; provided very detailed signage lists, to include location and set-up and strike times; implemented and oversaw specialty decorating packages; managed labor for the install and removal of their booth (to include specialty installers); as well as organizing their inbound and outbound freight services.
- I decided to add “Virtual Assistant” services as a way to assist them in lowering their trade show costs. I don’t take up a desk at their office, it eliminates any payroll and taxes, as well as employee benefits. My extensive knowledge of the industry allows me to assist them in lowering their show costs.
- There are a ton of details that need to be taken care of in order to plan a successful exhibit. Whether an exhibiting company is lacking internal support of their booth, or just in need of some internal training, this is where I step in and start shaving dollars. I provide the internal support remotely and assist with completing the mandatory service kit forms; scheduling round-trip shipping services for their exhibit booth and marketing materials; following up to ensure everything has delivered on schedule; selecting and ordering promotional items; scheduling I&D services; and a host of other things.
- This again eliminates the fees associated with having a F/T employee.
Event Social Media Management
- I fell in love with Social Media in 2012 and have been hooked ever since! If you don’t currently include SM into your event marketing plan, you are sorely missing BIG opportunities! I provide SM Management services targeted to the Event Industry. This allows me to combine two of my true loves, Trade Shows and SM, and to create and manage a successful SM campaign for your event. A complete listing of services can be found here.
To sum up my role, I am a Trade Show and Event Consultant with a Concierge type of mindset. My “how may I help you” attitude is what I have built my reputation on. I’m always looking to share my knowledge with others and teach them how to effectively manage their exhibit. I truly become an extension of their organization.
How do you separate yourself from the competition? I’d love to hear from you!